Sunday, September 16, 2012

Still Kind of Out of It

Hi faithful readers, it has been awhile since I have shown The Lands of Ara much love. The blog, that is. I am happy to report that I am still gaming in the Lands a fair amount, both with my "home" (Skype-based) campaign group as well as in the public Labyrinth Lord game I am running on the first and third Sundays of each month at Lift Bridge Books in Brockport, NY. That group has really gotten off the ground and is heading into some interesting adventures in an underground cave system near the Lost City of Cynidicea.

All this to say that actual gaming at the table is eating most of my RPG-hobby time these days, which I suppose is as it should be, but I miss blogging.  In the name of full disclosure, I should add that two other real-life happenings have started to cut into my available time and resources lately:

(1) My job responsibilities are intensifying. I am entering my second year on the tenure track, and that means increased service responsibilities in my department as well as a complex and time-eating contract renewal process I am engaged with this year.

and

(2) After a divorce at the end of last year and much psychotherapy since then, I am happy to share that I have recently started into a new romantic relationship.

Despite these substantive distractions, I will do my best to stay on task here at the blog, yet don't be surprised if my posts are a bit fewer and farther between for the foreseeable future.  Meanwhile, thank the gods for Spawn of Endra's superb contributions which are really keeping this thing alive at present.

Game on!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, Carter! I feel like a slug when I read your blog. Busy career, heavy personal "stuff," but you find time to still play. I love the idea of your bi-weekly Sunday game. My hat is off to you.

    BTW, I played in your LL game at OSRCon, and your DMing (or whatever it's called in LL) was superb. You have a great sense of humour and you made the adventure a lot of fun. I envy the people that play in your games. Best of luck with all your responsibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do plan to post a more detailed OSRCon report eventually, as I really enjoyed running folks through KEEP OF THE ZOMBIE MASTER.

      Delete
  2. Not to mention you moved into a new domicile in the last couple of weeks. You've been doing a hell of a lot of work om all fronts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I almost forgot about my move in there. It HAS been a crazy time!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that life is turning around for you Carter. As for being busy, often that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete