Saturday, February 12, 2011

HELP Finding Henchmen Post!

 
This is a desperate cry for help.  Within the past month or so I read on somebody's blog (I cannot remember where!) an outline for a system of using "sidekicks," i.e., key retainers / followers who are role-played by the player of the PC they loyally follow, could inherit a PC's treasure if the PC dies, and could even become the player's next PC if the original "main" PC dies. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or whose post that was?  Ringing any bells at all?

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. What you describe is pretty much the B/X D&D rules as written.

    Dave 'Sham' Bowman did something to that effect for OD&D a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chris: BLESS YOU SIR! The Sham post is the EXACT one I was looking for!!!

    Also, thanks for the hint about B/X. I don't own my own copies of Moldvay and Cook, but those are the absolute next items on my "to buy" list.

    THANKS again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad someone found it for you. Gamers are so great, always there to help. Such a fun crowd, you all are.

    ReplyDelete